Expert in Electronics Security & Biometry
Jean-Pierre Tual has more than 30 years of professional experience in the field of trust services (Biometry, Authentication & Identification), with large experience in R&D Strategy and Innovation with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
Jean-Pierre Tual has also strong product management professional skills in Global and IT security, Digital ID, Mobile Communications, Mobile Applications, Payment, Mathematics for Computer Security (Artificial Intelligence, Cryptography), Microelectronics.
From 1979 to 2001, Jean-Pierre spent his professional career at Bull where he finished Vice-President R&D and Technical Support.
From 2001 to 2017, Jean-Pierre worked at Gemalto (previously Axalto) where he occupied different functions: Industrial Relations Director (2003-2006), Vice-President, Industrial Relations (2006-2015) and then Vice-President, Open Innovation (2015-2017).
As Vice-President, Open Innovation at Gemalto, Jean-Pierre worked on the:
- Elaboration of the Company’s corporate strategy for cooperative R&D;
- Coordination of the preparation of Gemalto participation to national and international calls: Horizon 2020, EUREKA, National Calls in France and Western Europe.
He was also:
- Company’s representative within the EUREKA PENTA (and previously MEDEA+), CELTIC clusters management boards;
- Company’s representative at the SYSTEMATIC and TES Competitiveness Clusters management Boards;
- President of the Systematic Digital Trust and Security Working Group (~240 Industrial and Academic members within the Paris area);
- VP, Research and Innovation at the French CoFIS (National Council of the French Security Industries).
Since 2017, Jean-Pierre is Scientific Director at Systematic-Paris-Region Competitiveness Cluster.
Jean-Pierre Tual holds an engineering Degree from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (Paris, 1976), and a PhD in Mathematics (Paris VI University, 1979) “Agrégé de Mathématiques” (Paris, 1980).