Expert in embedded electronics / Expert in connectors
- Industrial / Aerospace / Defense / Automotive / Telecommunication infrastructures
Michel has more than 40 years of experience in the embedded / professional electronics industry.
From 2001 to 2019, Michel worked for Smiths Interconnect where he held the positions of VP Global Rail Market and VP Sales connectors Europe, among others. Within Smiths Interconnect, Michel developed new business partnerships, R&D partnerships and industrial co-development partnerships with companies such as Alstom, Airbus, MBDA, Thales, Safran, Bombardier, Fokker, BAE Systems, etc. Michel managed M&A activities in emerging countries China (Joint Venture with Huafeng), India, South Africa, Russia, etc.
From 1995 to 2001, Michel was the Sales & Marketing Manager of Draka France where he managed the world-wide distribution network and developed logistic partnerships (Schneider, Sercel, Airbus, etc.).
From 1989 to 1995, Michel was the Business Development Manager of Amphenol where he participated in leading Defense programmes with companies such as Dassault, Thales, Nexter, Airbus, etc.
From 1978 to 1989, Michel worked for Souriau where he held different positions in Sales and Marketing. For instance, as sales manager of the French Aerospace/Defense/Nuclear activities, Michel was in charge of the contract negotiation with the French DOD and the key OEMs.
Michel also worked for Alkan Military Aerospace Systems.
Since 2001, Michel works as an expert of embedded/professional electronics & connectors for many organisations. Indeed, Michel is currently:
- Head of Projects & Business Development at I-Trans (cluster of innovation for Ground transportation & Mobility, partner of IRT Railenium). Also administrator & treasurer of I-Trans
- Business development Leader for several Electrical Interconnect Technologies Companies
- Expert evaluator for the European Commission: EIC Accelerator call 2020 in EASME – EC Europa Team
- VP of ACSIEL Alliance pour l’électronique (Trade association member of FIEEC)
- Project leader at Ticio
Michel has also been:
- Expert for the CNRS (HCERES – French CNRS laboratories auditor)
- Expert in Brussels European Council for Rail Competitiveness (RSI group)
- Member of FIF: French Rail Federation (GT2F strategic- Equipment & digitalisation WG)
- Member of UNIFE: European federation of rail industry (cybersecurity & digitalisation WG)
- Member of Gifas Electrical equipments committee
- Member of Regional Cluster NAE (innovation WG Aerospace, Defence & Space)